Tuesday, October 23, 2012

return of an old friend

It is kind of disturbing the amount of time I discuss my menstrual cycle on this blog. But I am going to do it again. I haven't been blogging lately because I have felt AWFUL. Plus I am really really confused and annoyed with everything going on right now in figuring out what is wrong.

Basically the run down is I was put on Provera to make my period start. The first five days were fine, with the exception of being thirsty. I did not attribute this side effect to the medication. Day 6 (of 10 days) I started to have the worst headache and nausea. The worst part, however, was how horribly thirsty I was. I could not drink enough of anything. I was constantly peeing because I was couldn't quinch this thirst. I was miserable. Barely making it through the work day then going home and taking anything that would help with the pain in my head but being so tired I just went to sleep and woke up with it. I called my PCP they told me these all were side effects to call my OB/GYN. I called and they agreed and said to just wait till it goes away and take ibprofen and if my Doctor prescribes this again to take it at night instead. AGAIN?!? NO! But I am back in working action thinks to the devil drug and hopefully I will be in working order for a few months.

While this was going on I had been trying to figure out the status of my referall to SIU Fertility. Apparently had been approved by my insurance but the multiple times I called no one told me the correct status. To this day (a month later) I do not know if they ever called SIU, or what is going on. Did I call? I got an earload of sass from my doctors office and thats about all the info I was given.

However, with John's new job comes new insurance. Even though my current insurance approved me for much of the Fertility treatment (I finally recieved a LETTER from my insurance company), I am just going to wait till January when the new insurance kicks in or I am going to have to go back to my job's insurance which means, I will have to get started with a new OBGYN. UGH.

BUT... I am emotional as ever and John is gone all week at Rocky Tech. I even had a dream he left me. I told my mom he was leaving me and she said, "Can you blame him you have been a brat." So.. I am clearly going insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment